Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Oatmeal cookies.

I know! I've been lazy and not posted anything in months! Sorry! Today, however, I was a little sad, because I took our Christmas tree down, and yes, I know it's the end of April, but I like my Christmas tree, kay? So, yes, I was sad and it was time for a pick-me-up in the form of these delicious cookies. You will need:
-150g unsalted butter
-150g plain flour
-½tsp bicarb
-50g ground almonds
-50g porridge oats
-50g dried berries of your choice
-50g brown sugar
-50g caster sugar
-100g chocolate buttons
-2 egg yolks


It's all very simple. Melt the butter and let it cool, then mix the egg yolks into it, if the butter is too hot, they will scramble. Not yummy. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl well, then add the butter and stir everything together well. The "batter" will be rather crumbly, but not to worry, it's supposed to be like that. Form your cookies, an ice cream scoop is perfect for this, pressing them into pretty hard balls and then place them on a baking tray, squashing them slightly. Bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.

Right out of the oven the cookies will be -very- soft and crumbly and if you try to move them that's what you'll end up with, a pile of crumbs. So keep them greedy fingers off! Let them cool for 15-20 minutes and then enjoy!


No comments: